4/4/09

The Swedes!

I'm being spoiled with internet here - but also my roommates Powerbook :)

Here in Sverige, the people are incredible. Friendly, blonde, and they love red shoes! Honestly, around 10% of all Swedish people wear loud red, and I love it. Since the weather has been gorgeous and sunny (14 degrees C), everyone has been out and about with shorts and eating ice cream non-stop. The Swedes love when Spring comes, since the winter is so long and dark, and therefore everyone wears shorts, red shoes, and eats ice cream when they come outside. Its a fantastic, honest, and outgoing culture - I can completely see myself living here.

Yesterday we went on a ferry ride around the main islands of Stockholm with our two Croatian friends from the hostel. The tour was fascinating, and we learned very much about the culture of old Sweden, from architecture to the royal families. The tour was interesting due to the river being half-frozen, but interesting and gorgeous nonetheless.

I will continue the post at another time - I am being rushed by 4 others to rush out to the Absolut Ice Bar, which is made completely out of ice. Love you all, thanks for reading! I'll post pictures and more stories tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Bard said...

I learned about this bar about two months ago, and have been consumed by the idea of it.