Let me tell you how much fun it is to type on a Swedish keyboard! Wow...
The city is beautiful! After arriving in Arlanda Airport yesterday (40 km south of Stockholm city), I hopped on board a slinky bus and rode into the Grand Central Station. My bus pass works for all metros and busses in the city, making transportation a breeze thus far (knock on wood). However, it will take me a while to get used to Swedish road signs and pronunciation...there are only so many 5 consonant strings in a word that I can follow.
My roommate in the Hostel (Hotel Restierna) is an MBA Student studying in Milan, originally from California. What are the chances? After settling into the room last night, we took a walk around Gamla Stan island and ate at the Zum Fransiskaner, right next to the Royal Palace. The food is simply delicious. Swedish sausage with mashed potatoes and beets ...with a giant wheat beer to top it off. Mark (roommate) had some goulash which was also delicious. After a full stomach on Swedish food and exhaustion from a decent 24 hours of travelling, I slept very well.
Today is my first full day in Stockholm. It is a gorgeous day and we are planning on taking either a ferry trip around the archipelago or start off a museum tour by visiting the Konserthusset where the Nobel Prize convention is held. I will report back soon. Thanks for reading!
4/3/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment